60,000 sq. ft.
Residential condominium with 34 units
Originally a brick garage built in 1925, 246 West 17th Street incorporates the preexisting structure in the first three floors of this 10-story new residential conversion and vertical expansion. The red masonry base of the original building anchors the asymmetrical exterior of the new structure giving it a sense of permanence and history.